- Slice the porcinis into 5 or 6 slices lengthwise. In a 12-inch sauté pan over medium flame, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil until just smoking. Sauté the sliced porcinis for about 2 minutes or just until edges are lightly browned.
- Add the garlic, shallot, and thyme. Sauté for 1-2 minutes more until fragrant. Remove from heat and transfer the sautéed mushrooms to a bowl.
- Add the remaining olive oil and sherry vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay out the cooked mushroom slices in a neat pattern on a serving plate.
- Sprinkle with celery, celery leaves, Asian pear, chives, and country ham. Scatter with salt and pepper.