- Combine all ingredients and incorporate evenly in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Place over high heat and bring to a boil.
- When the pan comes to a boil reduce temperature to a simmer and cook until the water has evaporated (about 35-40 minutes).
- Reduce the temperature to medium low heat after water has evaporated. Fry the pork out in the pork fat until it is lightly crisp and tender enough to fall apart with a fork.
- Remove thyme and whole bay leaves and cool the pork until room temperature.
- When cool, place pork and fat into the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment and beat until the pork is finely mixed and spreadable.
- Place the pork rillettes into small ramekins or glass jars and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- When ready to serve allow the pork rillettes to come to room temperature for about 1 hour and serve with biscuits mustard and pickles.