- Place trout fillets between two pieces of plastic wrap. With a mallet, flatten trout. Remove plastic and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Roll trout in plastic wrap to resemble a tube. The tube should be 1 inch in diameter. Place trout in a bag then vacuum seal.
- Place trout in a water bath at 52 degrees Celsius and poach for 12 minutes. Immediately remove trout from bag and carefully slice into ½-inch thick slices, then remove plastic wrap from trout slices. Reserve slices.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, bring buttermilk consommé to a simmer. Season the broth with salt.
- Divide buttermilk consommé into four bowls. Place fish in bowl with consommé and garnish with watercress, radishes, and edible flowers.
- In a medium saucepan, bring buttermilk and herbs to a simmer.
- Once curd forms turn heat off and allow herbs to steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain the buttermilk into a bowl and then fold in the bloomed gelatin.
- Freeze the buttermilk in the bowl.
- Remove bowl once buttermilk is frozen and remove frozen buttermilk.
- Place frozen buttermilk in a cheesecloth-lined colander with another bowl underneath to catch buttermilk as it thaws.
- Place in refrigerator and reserve thawed buttermilk.