Red Chili Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together all dry ingredients. Add butter and combine with your hands until coarse and mealy.
- In a separate bowl whisk together buttermilk, white miso, and red chili paste.
- In stand mixer, slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients until a dough forms. Divide dough in half.
- On a floured surface roll out to thickness of ¼-inch and stamp out biscuits with biscuit cutter. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Wild Mushroom Gravy
- In a stock pot add water, dried mushrooms, thyme, and white wine and bring to a boil then remove from heat and steep overnight in the refrigerator.
- Strain cooled mushroom stock through cheesecloth and reserve.
- In another pot sauté onions and garlic in olive oil and butter until soft.
- Add mushroom broth and heavy cream and reduce until thick like a gravy.
- Five minutes before serving add fresh mushrooms and cook just through
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat biscuits until crispy in oven, then place in a wide rimmed bowl or platter.
- Top with warm mushroom gravy and garnish with chives or green onion.