Cream Cheese Ice Cream
- In a heavy bottomed saucepot, combine milk and half of the sugar and bring up to a scald.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining sugar and the egg yolks in a large bowl. When milk is hot, carefully add a little bit at a time into the egg mixture, whisking well as not to cook the eggs. When all is incorporated into the eggs, return liquid to the pot and stir, over medium-low heat, until it is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon (about 155 degrees).
- Remove from heat, and whisk in cream cheese and vanilla. Strain into a metal container surrounded by ice and stir in the sour cream when cool. Freeze in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Cocoa Nib Whipped Cream
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepot, combine cream, cocoa nibs, and sugar.
- Bring up to a scald, turn off heat and allow to steep for 30 minutes. Strain and cool.
- Once cold, whip to medium peaks.
- Melt white chocolate over a water bath, stirring often until smooth and uniform.
- Combine corn flakes, feuilletine, salt, and freeze dried cherries. Quickly stir dry ingredients into the melted, tossing well to ensure that everything is evenly coated.
- Place in the freezer for just a few minutes to allow the chocolate to set. Remove and break up into pebbles of desired size. Store in freezer.
- Boil baby beets in water with salt until tender. Cool, peel, then carefully slice on a mandolin.
- Cook in simple syrup over medium heat for 5-10 minutes. Cool before serving.