- 1 hour before cooking, remove rib-eye from refrigerator. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary, sugar, and lemon zest and combine. Then 20 minutes before cooking, rub roast with mixture and allow to sit.
- Place beef on a resting rack over a sheet tray and transfer to the oven. Roast until it forms a nice crust, about 40 minutes.
- Lower heat to 225 degrees and cook until an internal temperature reaches 120 degrees, approximately 2 hours. Note: take the temperature in the thickest part of the roast, being careful not to hit the bone.
- Remove meat from oven and let sit for 30 minutes to finish cooking before serving.