- Measure all dry ingredients and mix together in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients and blend with heavy spoon until combined. Do not worry about kneading. Split dough in half and place in 2-gallon ziplock bags in the fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees with a pizza stone in the bottom ⅓ of the oven.
- Pull a 6-ounce piece of dough from the refrigerator and quickly form it into a ball. Roll the ball out into a ⅛-inch-thick round about 12 inches inPlace on a pizza peel with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the dough with basil, roasted garlic cloves, and shiitake mushrooms. Drizzle with olive oil and top with the three cheeses. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Slide onto preheated pizza stone and bake for 8−10 minutes. Let the pizza cool slightly before cutting.
We love this pizza dough because it can be made in 5 minutes and put away in the fridge for about 3−4 weeks. We’ve found the older it is, the better the taste (within reason, of course) because it begins to take on a little sour flavor after hanging out in the back of the fridge—AND it’s easier to roll when the dough is cold.