- Fill a stockpot with water and add all greens, green chilies, chopped ginger, and salt. Boil until tender and cooked.
- Drain greens and purée in a food processor until it is the consistency of a coarse paste.
- Heat half the ghee in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add bengal gram flour and cook until raw smell disappears. Reserve until ready to use.
- In a separate sauté pan, heat remaining gheeover a medium flame. When uniformly hot, add onion and sauté until pale golden in color.
- Add grated ginger, garlic, garam masala, and cooked gram flour.
- Add greens paste and stir until blended. Season to taste.
- Mix in the deep-fried paneer and serve.
Editor’s Note: This dish is part of Chauhan’s Ode to Nashville with a “Meat and Three” in a Tiffin Box. The other dishes that comprise this tribute are Grandma’s Black Lentils, Shrimp Moilee, Rice Pulao, and Apple Mint Raita.