- Place greens in large salad bowl and sprinkle with feta, pickled shallots, shaved radish, and almonds right before serving.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss with vinaigrette until well-coated.
- Season shallots well with salt.
- Cover with lemon juice and vinegar and let sit overnight, or at least 6 hours.
- Will keep refrigerated for several weeks.
- In mixing bowl, sprinkle shallots with salt and cover with lemon juice. Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir lemon juice-soaked shallots with vinegar and honey until well incorporated. Drizzle in oils while whisking to incorporate and emulsify. Taste for salt.
Cheetie on Bright Salads
Peas and asparagus come to mind when thinking about spring, but really the first sign that winter is behind us is the re-emergence of tender greens and lettuces. As delicious as collards are, we are ready for crisp, tender salads bursting with the promise of warmer days. This is a simple salad with a bright vinaigrette that you can make and store for several days. If you’re making in advance, just let it come up to room temperature and give it a quick whisk.