- Combine pepper and garlic salt for seasoning mix.
- Fill cast-iron skillet halfway with melted lard. Add bacon grease and heat to 370 degrees. Mix flour with ½ teaspoon seasoning mix in large shallow bowl. In another shallow bow, whisk together egg and milk.
- Moderately to heavily season steak with seasoning mix, dredge in flour on both sides, and tenderize with wooden meat mallet. Season and dredge before tenderizing to seal in flavors.
- Dredge tenderized steaks in flour. Shake off excess. Dip in milk mixture, allowing excess to drop off, then dredge again in flour, evenly coating batter so that steak appears dry on the outside.
- Gently place 2 to 3 steaks in oil. Oil temperature will fall, but maintain it at 325 to 350 degrees. Cook steaks 7 minutes, turning twice, until batter is crisp and brown and meat is cooked through. Use wire skimmer or slotted spoon to transfer to paper towels. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm in oven.
- Top with Creamy Gravy and enjoy!
- Melt butter over medium low heat in medium-sized pot. Whisk flour into butter until smooth, approximately 5 minutes.
- Slowly add milk, and stir constantly until smooth. Season to taste, and stir often for about 10 minutes, until gravy has thickened.