- In large bowl, combine flour and salt.
- In small bowl, combine yeast and water, and let sit for 1 minute.
- Gently stir 2 tablespoons olive oil into yeast mixture, then add liquid to dry ingredients.
- Using a sturdy spoon, stir dough until just combined.
- Transfer dough onto floured surface, and knead until cohesive ball forms. If dough is difficult to work with, cover dough with large bowl and allow let rest for a few minutes.
- Place dough into large bowl and drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over dough. Coat completely then cover bowl with plastic wrap, and let dough rise at room temperature until double in size, approximately 1 hour.
- Place dough back onto floured surface and, with palms of your hands, punch out air from dough.
- Form dough into ball and return to bowl. Cover and set aside for 20 to 25 minutes to rest.
- Return to floured surface one more time to roll out. Proceed with recipe.