- In a medium-sized heavy saucepot heat oil to 300 degrees. Blanch the diced potatoes in oil until tender (approximately 2 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large oven-safe sauté pan over high heat until it’s just about to smoke. Carefully place the filet of fish in the pan. Turn the heat down to medium. Sauté for 1 minute then place in a 375-degree oven. Cook for 2 minutes then flip the filet over and return the fish to the oven for 2−3 more minutes.
- In a medium-sized sauté pan heat clarified butter over medium-high heat. Place the diced potatoes and chanterelles in the pan. Do not stir until the edges of the mushrooms start to brown. Continue to cook until they are brown and crispy. Drain the clarified butter off the mushrooms and potatoes.
- Add the corn and tomato confit and sauté until hot (1−2 minutes). Add the shallots, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook for 30 seconds more and finish with the sliced chives.
For the Tomato Confit
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the tomato flat side up on a ½ sheet pan with a wire rack on it. Season with salt, pepper, and thyme. Place 2−3 slices of garlic on each tomato. Carefully drizzle all of the olive oil over the tomatoes. Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Carefully pour the warm oil that is on the bottom of the sheet pan into a heat-proof container, then drizzle the tomatoes with this oil every 10 minutes for another 40 minutes.
For the Spicy Buerre Blanc
- In a medium saucepan combine all the ingredients except the butter. Reduce over low heat until the sauce has almost evaporated.
- Over medium heat slowly whisk in the butter one cube at a time until all is incorporated. Strain and hold in a warm spot in the kitchen (not over direct heat).