“This bar is all about the top. It never looks as pretty when I do it at home as it does at the bakery, but you can just make the top smooth.”
– Chef Elizabeth Chambers
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees and grease an 18×13-inch sheet pan.
- In large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add peanut butter, beat until combined.
- Slowly add egg and vanilla, mixing until just combined.
- Turn speed to low and add flour mixture, incorporating completely.
- Evenly press dough on greased sheet pan and bake for 5-7 minutes. Let cool.
- To make filling, cream together all ingredients in bowl of stand mixer, until fluffy.
- Spread peanut butter filling evenly over pre-baked crust.
- For topping, melt chocolate and butter together in small saucepan over medium heat, until smooth. Spread evenly over peanut butter filling using an offset spatula. Chill and cut into 3-inch squares.