- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook bacon in cast iron skillet to desired crispiness and drain on paper towels. Then finely julienne, reserving bacon grease.
- Season figs with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil and vinegar. Roast in oven for 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Pat scallops dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat cast iron skillet to medium heat, add a small amount of leftover bacon grease, then add scallops. Turn heat up to medium high. Cook scallops on both sides without moving, 3 minutes per side.
- Once scallops are caramelized, drain excess oil, turn heat down to medium, and add minced shallot and ½ of the cold whole butter cubes. Butter will begin to brown. At this time, deglaze the pan with the juice of lemon and white wine. Add sage and remaining butter, now whisk in remaining cold butter to emulsify sauce and set aside. To assemble, place roasted figs, fava beans, julienned bacon, and watercress in the center of 4 plates. Place 3 seared scallops around salad and drizzle with the brown butter sauce.