For Strawberry-Tamarind Glaze
- Simmer tamarind paste, fresh strawberries, sugar, water, and pinch of salt uncovered in a saucepan over low heat until thickened (glaze should cling to soup spoon).
- Strain through mesh strainer and refrigerate until ready to use.
For Scallops, Rice and Assembly
- Heat medium pan over high flame. Sear scallops 2−3 minutes on each side until a crispy golden-brown crust forms. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a separate sauté pan, combine rice with garlic, chopped shallot, coconut milk, and stock, stirring occasionally over medium to medium-low heat until thick and creamy; add peas and salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- To assemble, place scallops in 400-degree oven for 2 minutes just prior to serving.
- Spoon strawberry-tamarind glaze onto plate and gently layer with seared scallops.
- Spoon coconut rice onto plate alongside. Optional garnish: rainbow carrot ribbons and leafy greens.