- Place the grapes and duck fat in a small saucepan and place on the stove on the lowest setting. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the grapes just start releasing a little bit of liquid. Drain, set aside, and place the duck fat in the freezer for later use.
- In a small sauté pan over medium heat, add the olive oil. Cook the shallots for 2 minutes. Add the raisins and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Broil or char the poblano until almost completely black, about 5 minutes. Place in a small bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and set aside for 5 minutes. Remove the pepper and using a paper towel, remove all the charred skin. Discard the stem, seed, and cut into ¼-inch diced pieces.
- To serve, mix together all salad ingredients, toss with the vinaigrette, and taste for seasoning. I like to garnish with fried capers.
- Place the lemon juice and mustard in a small bowl and whisk together. Drizzle in the oil while whisking. Season with a good amount of salt.