- Place a prep bowl in a larger bowl of ice for the mousse.
- Chill the bowl of a food processor fitted with an “S” blade in the freezer for 15 minutes. Remove, assemble bowl onto processor base, and add shrimp and salt. Purée until smooth.
- Pulse in the cream 1/3 of a cup at a time until incorporated. Do not over mix. Transfer to the bowl over ice.
- Finish beating in cream in the bowl with spatula. Note: You may want to cook a test quenelle for seasoning and texture at this point.
- Add minced shallots and herbs.
- Squash blossoms should be gently opened, and filled with mousse using a piping bag or zip top bag with corner cut off. Once filled, they may be sautéed, baked, poached in a flavorful broth, or dipped in egg batter and fried.