- Preheat oven to 340 degrees.
- Place first 7 ingredients in a pot. Bring to a boil while stirring.
- Place chocolate in a bowl and pour boiling cream mixture over the top. Stir gently until homogenous.
- Add the alcohols and stir gently until mixed in. Allow to cool to room temperature. Set aside.
- For macaroons, sift together almond flour, cocoa powder, and ½ cup sugar.
- Make a French meringue with egg whites and 4 tablespoons sugar. Fold in the dry, sifted ingredients.
- Pipe into silver-dollar-sized mounds on a parchment-lined sheet pan and dust heavily with powdered sugar. Bake for about 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- To assemble, pipe or spoon a generous amount of ganache in the center of one macaroon, then top with a second macaroon to make a sandwich.
*Note: Can substitute light corn syrup or honey for glucose, but note that either of those options will slightly increase the sweetness of the ganache.