- Seed and vein jalapeños, then rough chop.
- In food processor, combine Sriracha, jalapeños, salt and cream cheese. Once combined, blend until smooth.
- Slowly add half of the cheddar cheese.
- Then add beer and remaining cheddar cheese and blend until smooth.
- In mixer, combine yeast and 3 cups of water (110 degrees) and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Allow to bloom ten to twelve minutes.
- Add oil, salt, remaining sugar and flour and mix on medium until slightly loose dough is formed (approximately 5 minutes). If dough is dry, add more water to mixture slowly.
- Turn into oiled bowl and allow to proof until doubled size.
- Portion into individual ¾ oz. rods on large sheet trays allowing space between each.
- Combine baking soda and 8 cups of hot water in mixing bowl.
- Dunk each rod in mixture and return to sheet trays.
- Slash each rod about a quarter inch deep three times on bias.
- Bake at 475 degrees in conventional oven for approximately 12 minutes. Immediately brush with clarified butter and season with kosher salt.