- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay out 5 pieces of pre-cut pie dough on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Spread 3 tablespoons of strawberry filling evenly onto each piece, leaving about ¼ inch around edges.
- Use a pastry brush to lightly brush edges with water, and top with another piece of dough. Seal edges by crimping with a metal fork.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes, or wrap tightly and freeze until ready to serve.
- Remove from refrigerator and bake cold until the top is uniformly golden brown, approximately 12 minutes.
- Once cool, spread royal icing on top of each, and top with sprinkles.
Combine in a heavy bottom saucepan and cook on medium until thick and syrupy, let cool.
Whisk ingredients together until no lumps remain, should have a creamy, shiny consistency.