- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter three round cake pans with butter, line them with parchment paper, and butter them again.
- Place all ingredients in a standing mixer and beat for 8 minutes. Divide evenly into 3 cake pans.
- Bake for 25−30 minutes. You’ll know cakes are done because they will be pulling slightly from the sides of the pan. Let the cakes rest in pans for 30 minutes, then remove onto cooling racks and allow to cool completely.
- Trim tops of cakes to even them out.
- Put all icing ingredients in a standing mixer and beat well, approximately five minutes.
- Spread the icing on top of the first two layers, stack, then finish sides and top of cake. Sprinkle sides with additional chopped nuts if you like