- To assemble lobster rolls, mix lobster meat with 6 tablespoons of lobster mayo, shallots, chives, and celery. Season with lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Toast or grill 4 lobster rolls as desired.
- Spoon mixture into prepared rolls and garnish each with Old Bay and celery leaves. Serve immediately with chips, fries, lemon wedges, and hot sauce.
For the lobster
- To cook lobster, first make “court bouillon.” In large pot, combine celery, onion, fennel, lemon, white wine, water, herbs, and spices. Bring to boil and then strain through fine mesh sieve. Return liquid only to boil.
- Drop in lobsters, cover, and cook for 8 minutes. While cooking fill a large bowl of stock pot with ice water. After 8 minutes, place lobsters immediately into ice bath.
- When cool enough to handle, extract meat from lobsters and cut into large chunks. Each lobster will yield a heavy ½ cup to ¾ cup meat.
- Stir all ingredients together and set aside.