- In bowl of stand mixer, cream together powdered sugar, butter, and orange zest until very light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients and mix to combine. Form dough into disc, wrap in plastic, and chill until firm.
- In saucepan, stir together sugar and water. Cook over medium-high heat without stirring until deep caramel color is achieved. Remove from heat.
- Add corn syrup, cream, milk, and walnuts. Return pan to heat and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Let cool to room temperature.
- Place butter, sugar, orange zest, and almond flour in bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one by one, mixing well after each addition. Mix in vanilla, salt, and flour.
- In blender, combine Gorgonzola and honey and purée until smooth. Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks and fold into Gorgonzola mixture. Chill.
- Place all ingredients in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until figs break down and mixture thickens, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out chilled pâte sucrée. Place in 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom and chill well.
- Spread filling mixture in bottom of tart shell and top with almond cream. Smooth surface. Bake 30–40 minutes, until deep golden brown. Let cool to room temperature. Remove tart from pan. Cut into servings. Top with mousse and figs. Tart may be served chilled, but is best at room temperature or slightly warm.