Wild Boar Ribs
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except barbecue sauce and salt and place into large roasting pan. Fill with pan with water until all ingredients are covered.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap then with foil and place into oven.
- Braise until bones easily remove from rib meat, approximately 10 hours.
- Remove pan from oven and place ribs onto sheet pan to cool and discard liquid and mirepoix.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Once ribs are cool, portion and place on grill for 5 minutes.
- Dredge in barbecue sauce and season with kosher salt to taste.
Lonesome Dove Game Rub
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Store in an air tight container.
Lonesome Dove Barbecue Sauce
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan over high heat, add oil, onion, celery and carrots.
- As the vegetables brown, add garlic and anchos.
- Stir frequently over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add remainder of ingredients and stir.
- Bring to a boil and simmer, reduce by half and puree, then strain through a fine sieve.