- Season salmon on both sides with salt. Sear salmon, skin side down, in olive oil over medium-high heat and cook to medium rare.
- Dress the warm golden beets with orange vinaigrette and salt.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the warm bull’s blood beet puree on the center of the plate. Place ¼ cup bulgur wheat on top of the puree. Place salmon on top of bulgur wheat. Arrange roasted Chioggia beets and Marcona almonds on both sides of the salmon. Place dressed shaved beets on top of salmon, drizzle plate with orange vinaigrette, and top with chervil. Serve.
- Combine all ingredients in a jar or sealable container. Shake to emulsify.
- Check seasoning. Remove garlic clove before use.
Yield: 1¼ cups
Bull’s Blood Beet Purée
- Thinly slice beets. Spread in an even layer in a tall sauté pan.
- Add vinegar, enough water to cover beets, sugar, and salt.
- Cover with a piece of parchment paper and cook over medium heat until the beets are soft and the liquid has reduced to a glaze. If the liquid evaporates before the beets are cooked add a little more water and cook longer.
- Puree beets in a blender with the cream. Check seasoning.
Yield: 2 cups
- Bring water to a boil and pour over the bulgur wheat. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let stand in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients with the bulgur. Check seasoning.
Yield: 4 cups