Wings and Marinade
- Mix ingredients for marinade in medium sauce pan and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low, and add wings. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove wings from marinade, and let cool.
- While wings are cooling preheat grill to medium heat, and then finish wings on wood fire grill or your grill of choice until skin is crispy.
- Remove wings from grill and toss in Alabama White Sauce,.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts, benne seeds and chives, and serve.
Alabama White Sauce
Combine ingredients and chill.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place nuts on sheet pan and roast for 3-5 minutes, then toss while hot with paprika.
- Let cool then chop. Reserve.