- Heat oil in a thick-bottom Dutch oven or rondeau. When oil is very hot, quickly fry parsley, garlic, and lemon peel. When garlic starts to brown, immediately add octopus, carefully rolling all sides in hot oil. Place a small plate on top of octopus (to keep it from floating) and cover the pot. Octopus will immediately start releasing liquid—enough to braise the octopus in. Braise until fork tender (1½-2 hours). Chill for several hours before serving. Portion into 2-inch pieces to serve.
- To create “octo gastrique,” strain the braising liquid from cooked octopus. Add sugar and vinegar. Simmer this mixture, reducing until sauce coats the back of a spoon. Set aside.
- For yellow tomato fondue, purée all ingredients except olive oil in a blender until smooth. With motor running, drizzle in oil. Adjust seasoning with salt. Reserve until needed.
- Alternate four shrimp and four octopus portions on each skewer. Prepare grill and grill skewers on the hottest part of grill until lightly charred on both sides.
- Select a plate to complement the bright colors of the dish. Place a couple ounces of tomato fondue on plate and top with roasted potatoes and shaved corn. Place grilled skewers on top. Finally, drizzle with octo gastrique and enjoy.