The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 48 contiguous United States & D.C. only and will be construed and evaluated according to United States laws. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of the 48 contiguous United States and D.C., 21 years or older, and accessing this site from outside of the United States.
THE LOCAL PALATE & SANDERLING RESORT WEEKEND GETAWAY GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- How To Enter: Beginning at 4:00pm ET on May 1st, 2017 until 6:00pm ET on May 15th, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”), you may enter The Local Palate & Sanderling Resort Weekend Getaway Giveaway (the “Promotion”) by visiting The Local Palate’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/thelocalpalate/) (collectively, the “Promotion Website”) and completing the entry requirements by liking the contest post and tagging a friend in the comments section. Entries must be received by 6:00pm ET on May 15th, 2017 to be eligible.
Limit of one (1) entry per eligible Facebook user account during the Promotion Period. Sponsor has no obligation to advise an entrant of an incomplete or otherwise non-compliant entry. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, invalid, unintelligible, incomplete, garbled, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. All entries, in whole or in part, become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. If multiple entries are received outside of the entry limitations above, only the first entry will be accepted. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized Facebook account holder used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the account by Facebook, Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning said account. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Only entries submitted via the Promotion Website (Facebook) in accordance with these Official Rules will be eligible. No faxed, telephoned in or mailed entries will be accepted. Entries submitted via social media postings or social media messaging will not be accepted. Receipt of entry will not be acknowledged, and proof of submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt.
The Promotion is governed by these Official Rules. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and understands that the results of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor and its agents, are final in all respects. The Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- Eligibility: This Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and D.C. who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry, who have Internet access and a valid e-mail account prior to the beginning of the Promotion Period. Employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of Sponsor and its parent and subsidiaries (the “Promotion Entities”), as well as members of their households and immediate families (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings and grandparents) of the Promotion Entities are not eligible to enter or win. Sponsor has the right to verify the eligibility of each entrant.
- Use of Information: Information submitted to Sponsor is subject to Sponsor’s privacy statement available at http://www.thelocalpalate.com/privacy Sponsor may engage certain third party companies to perform services in connection with the administration of this Promotion and information provided by entrants may be collected and used by those third parties for purposes of administration of the Promotion and the fulfillment and verification of prize award. When you enter at the Promotion Website you may be asked to consent to receive e-mails and reminders for upcoming promotion and information about The Local Palate and its Promotional Partners (as defined below). Consenting to receive e-mails is optional and does not have to be agreed to in order to be eligible to enter the Promotion and does not improve your chances of winning. By participating in the Promotion and submitting an entry form, entrant understands that Sponsor and other Promotional Partners may use entrant’s information (including e-mail address) for marketing purposes and to provide entrant with information about products, services and special offers of Sponsor and Promotional Partners. Entrant expressly consents to Sponsor’s and each Promotional Partner’s use of entrant’s information for such purposes.
- Publicity: By accepting a prize, winner grants Sponsor and its advertising and promotional agencies and other Released Parties (defined below) and those acting under their permission the irrevocable and perpetual right to use his/her name, likeness, voice, comments, writing submission, image(s) submission, and entry for advertising and publicity purposes without payment of additional consideration or acknowledgement, except where prohibited by law.
- Additional Limitations: Promotion Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting or these Official Rules, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any prize. Any attempt to damage the content or operation of this Promotion is unlawful and subject to possible legal action by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or amend the Promotion, without notice, and for any reason, including, without limitation, if Sponsor determines that the Promotion cannot be conducted as planned or should a virus, bug, tampering or unauthorized intervention, technical failure or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Promotion. In the event any tampering or unauthorized intervention may have occurred, Sponsor reserves the right to void suspect entries at issue. Promotion Entities are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software; inability to access a Promotion Website; theft, tampering, destruction, or alteration of entries; any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, or any combination thereof. Entrant UNDERSTANDs AND AGREEs THAT his/her USE OF THE PROMOTION WEBSITES AND ALL OTHER ELEMENTS OF THIS PROMOTION IS AT his/her OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. THE PROMOTION WEBSITES AND ALL OTHER ELEMENTS OF THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. Entrant UNDERSTANDs THAT SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, AVAILABILITY AND/OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY ELEMENT OF THIS PROMOTION. THE PROMOTION ENTITIES AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING FROM ACCESS TO OR THE DOWNLOAD OF INFORMATION OR MATERIALS CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION.
- Release and Limitation of Liability: Participants agree that the Promotion Entities, Peninsula Publishing LLC., dba The Local Palate prize suppliers, including without limitation, Sanderling Resort (collectively, “Promotional Partners”) and their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, licensees, assignees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and are released and shall be held harmless by participants from and against any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or from participation in this Promotion or in any promotion-related activity, whether or not the Released Party has been advised of the possibility of such injuries, losses or damages.
- How Winner will be Determined: One (1) potential Winner (the “Winner”) will be selected at random on approximately May 15th, 2017 by The Local Palate & Sanderling Resort, and will be contacted via Facebook on or about May 16th, 2017. Sponsor’s decision with respect to the Winner and other matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final. The Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of release of liability and publicity (where permitted), and return same, properly executed, within four (4) days of issuance of prize notification. If Sponsor is unable to contact the Winner within one (1) day from first notification attempt, if the Winner fails to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date, or if the Winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, his/her prize will be forfeited and an alternate prospective winner shall be selected while time permits. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Prize may not be awarded if insufficient number of entries is received.
- Prize: One (1) prize. Winner will receive one (1) two-night stay at Sanderling Resort on May 19th and 20th, 2017, one (1) breakfast dining credit for two (2) people at the Lifesaving Station, and one (1) dinner dining credit for two (2) people at the Lifesaving Station. Alcohol is NOT included in the breakfast or dinner dining credits. If the winner cannot go to the Sanderling Resort on the dates laid out above, a different two days in the fall will be agreed upon by all parties. If a date cannot be agreed upon by May 17th, 2017, the winner will forfeit the prize and another winner will be randomly chosen. Refunds for any unused portion of the dining credits will not be given. Does not apply to groups, conventions or packages and cannot be combined with any other discounts. Subject to availability. Approximate retail value of the prize: $1050.
Prize Winner is solely responsible for all taxes (including income taxes) resulting from acceptance and use of the prize. Prize is not redeemable for cash. Prize is non-transferable. Sponsor has no responsibility for a Winner’s inability to accept or utilize a Prize. No substitution of prize is permitted; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with another of equal or greater value.
- Intellectual Property: The official rules and all related web pages, content and code are the property of Sponsor or authorized third parties. The copying or unauthorized use of any of those materials, associated trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- Winner’s List: A copy of the official rules and the winner’s name (after May 16th, 2017) may be requested by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Local Palate, Attn. Sanderling Resort Weekend Getaway Giveaway, 496 King Street, 2nd Floor, Charleston, SC 29403. Requests must be received by 18th, 2017.
- Sponsor: Peninsula Publishing LLC (The Local Palate), 496 King Street, Charleston, SC 29403.