We’re still a little sad it’s over.
The Atlanta Food & Wine Festival is one of the highlights of our culinary calendar. Culinary professionals from from Texas to D.C. converge on the city, and we always come away inspired by the creativity, the personalities, and of course, the cuisine.
Taking our research seriously, we ate and drank our way through the festival, and here is a sampling of memorable bites:
- Braised Gulf Octopus with Cherry Tomatoes, Olives, Lemon, and Fresh Herbs from Chef Rob McDaniel (Springhouse at Crossroads, Alabama). Pig out: Coastal Style
- Croque Madame with Manchester Farms Quail Egg from Chef Aaron Deal (The River and Rail, Virginia) and Master Baker Lionel Vatinet (La Farm Bakery, North Carolina). Food Technique Lab
- Speckled Trout over Seasonal Vegetables from Tory McPhail, (Commander’s Palace, NOLA). About South Dinner
- Chai Pani’s Pani Purri with Cilantro, Green Chiles and MintWater from Chef Meherwan Irani (North Carolina). Tasting Tents
- Smoked Pork Lion with a Duo of Ramps over Fregula Sardo (Red Apron Butcher, D.C.). Tasting Tents
- Chef Jeremiah Bacon’s Sunchoke Ciacatore with Country Ham Emulsion atop Mark Marhefka’s Red Porgy (Oak, The Macintosh, South Carolina) and Chef Ryan Prewitt’sPorgy with Fish Fumet (Pêche, NOLA). Food Technique Lab
- Muzzle Loaders from Nashville’s Olive & Sinclair. Salted bourbon caramel spheres as delicious and unique as every sweet Scott Witherow has dreamed up. Tasting Tents