Known for its history in tobacco and textiles, Winston-Salem has also been home to movers and makers since its founding in 1753. This autumn, fall in love with Winston-Salem and the artisans who call it home. Enjoy a two-night getaway at the new, 75-room Hotel Indigo in the heart of downtown Winston-Salem. The boutique property occupies a 1928 Art Deco landmark and features works from some of Winston-Salem’s renowned craftsmen. Inside the hotel, enjoy a dinner for two at Sir Winston Wine Loft & Restaurant, where the custom tables and bar are designed by local Sunnyside Millwork. Stroll the maple-lined sidewalks of Old Salem, a charming 1766 Moravian settlement where eighteenth- and nineteenth-century trades are enjoyed as hands-on visitor experiences. Be inspired with a tour through Old Salem’s Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts (MESDA).
Admire works of art at Reynolda House Museum of American Art, pristine country estate of R.J. and Katharine Reynolds, then tour the adjacent formal gardens and 1913 greenhouse. Appease your arts-and-crafts side by shopping at Piedmont Craftsmen Gallery. Located in the Downtown Arts District and just steps from the Hotel Indigo, Piedmont Craftsmen is host to the annual Piedmont Craftsmen’s Fair in November, and regularly features the works from more than 200 exhibiting artists in the shop. As the sun sets on Winston-Salem, savor Southern cuisine at Spring House Restaurant, Kitchen & Bar–housed inside the last remaining mansion on what is known as Millionaire’s Row.
What you’ll win:
- Two night accommodations at the new, 75-room boutique Hotel Indigo
- Dinner for two at Hotel Indigo’s signature restaurant, Sir Winston Wine Loft & Restaurant
- Admission for two to Old Salem Museums & Gardens, including a private tour of the Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts
- Admission for two to Reynolda House Museum of American Art, including a tour of Reynolda Garden & Greenhouse
- $50 dining certificate to Spring House Restaurant, Kitchen & Bar, plus autographed cookbook “Soulful Harvest” written by chef/co-owner, Tim Grandinetti
- Selection of hand-rolled, hand-cut, and hand-packed Mrs. Hanes’ Handmade Moravian Cookies
- Olio Glass hand-blown glass sugar and creamer set
- Handcrafted, solid cherrywood rolling pin from Sunnyside Mercantile
- $25 gift certificate to Piedmont Craftsmen Gallery
To read the official giveaway rules, click here.
Submissions end November 26, 2019.
Learn more about Winston-Salem and plan your next getaway at visitwinstonsalem.com.
Mentioned in this post: