[media size="medium" align="right" caption="Assembling the Created the Pears."]
Pear Pomegranate Soda
- In Collins glass, combine gin and finocchietto. Add ice.
- Top with pear-pomegranate soda and stir gently.
- Garnish with fennel sprig and serve with a straw.
- Combine pears with lemon juice to keep pears from oxidizing and turning syrup brown. Add pomegranate juice and sugar and let macerate at room temperature overnight.
- Using fine sieve or tea strainer, separate fruit from syrup. Gently press fruit to remove excess liquid. In 1 liter soda siphon, add 8 ounces pear-pomegranate syrup to 24 ounces water. Charge with CO2 (in lieu of a soda siphon, you can also just use 1 ounce syrup to 3 ounces soda water per cocktail).