For Infused Rum:
- Remove the outer leaves of the lemongrass stalks and chop into short pieces. Peel and wash the knob of ginger.
- Pour 750ml of your desired white rum into a large, air-tight container (mason jars work well) over the lemongrass and ginger.
- Let infusion sit in a cool, dry place or refrigerator for 2 weeks being sure to taste periodically. Every 3-5 days, shake the mixture to assist infusion.
- Add all ingredients except for ginger beer to shaker with crushed ice.
- Shake vigorously, strain into glass and top with ginger beer.
- Add lemon wheel for garnish if desired.