Nettles and Beets Cocktail
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle 3 cucumber slices, beets, agave and lime.
- Add stinging nettle vodka and hard shake for 20 seconds.
- Double strain into an old fashioned glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with remaining cucumber slice and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Stinging Nettle Vodka
- In a nonreactive container, combine the nettle and vodka. Cover and leave at room temperature for 72 hours.
- Strain vodka into clean bottle.
Yields 1 quart
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash beets and trim leafy tops.
- Wrap completely in aluminum foil and place in oven on middle rack.
- Roast until tender, approximately 1 to 1½ hours.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Peel beets using paring knife.
- Small dice and store in covered container in refrigerator.