- Muddle lemon wedges with simple syrup.
- Add Slivovitz and Pear Shrub, and ice. Stir.
- Top with Vouvray and bitters.
- Place pears and ginger in 8-quart pot over medium heat. Add vinegar, and let heat to just shy of boiling point between 190 to 200 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Pour into jar and seal tightly. Let stand for 3-4 weeks then, strain through a coffee filter.
- Pour mixture into medium pan, and add sugar. Bring to a boil to dissolve sugar then remove from heat and let cool. It will keep in tightly sealed container in refrigerator for 6-9 months.