We’re looking for an experienced Digital Editor to join our Charleston, South Carolina-based team. The ideal candidate will have at least five years experience working in digital media, a strong journalism background, solid research and writing skills, technical savvy, and a deep interest in Southern food culture. The candidate must be organized, inquisitive, hard-working, flexible, and collaborative.
The Local Palate Magazine’s Digital Editor will be responsible for overseeing all editorial, marketing, and advertising content on thelocalpalate.com and localpalatemarketplace.com.
- Oversee and execute digital content calendar (editorial, marketing, advertising) for both websites
- Establish and hit goals around growing key digital metrics, like traffic, page views, and ranking goals for websites
- Implement tactical plans and web layouts to improve and exceed company goals, specifically as we work with a web development team to redesign and build a new TLP website; in addition to further growing engagement and maturing the retention of our audience
- Monitor and report on site analytics and digital behavioral trends to shape and edit copy across all platforms
- Follow trending topics and technology on digital platforms, including Google, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Shopify in order to gather story ideas and create headlines that optimize reach and increase engagement
- Coordinate with Director of Sales & Marketing, Digital Marketing Manager, and SEO Content Creator, and Editor in Chief to ensure brand and voice consistency and editorial and marketing alignment across both channels
The ideal candidate has a passion for sharing stories, an appreciation for good food, and an excitement for growing an established media brand.
- 5+ years of experience working in and/or overseeing websites for established brands, including E-commerce website management and maintenance
- Proficiency in SEO optimization and rich media integration
- Proficiency in WordPress and other CMS
- Proven track record in building audience, page views, and analytics across multiple websites
- Experience in overseeing website redesign a plus
- Media experience a plus
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Located in Charleston, SC or willing to relocate (position is not remote)
- Competitive salary
- Culture where collaboration is encouraged, quality is rewarded, and expertise is valued
- Opportunity to make a difference in our digital platforms.
To be considered for Digital Editor position with the Local Palate, please email your resume, examples (links) to you work, and salary requirements to Joe Spector, email@example.com. We will review the information provided and may reach out to you for a Skype, Zoom, or face-to-face conversation if you are a fit.Apply