- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. On a well-floured surface, roll the Tart Dough into
- a large oval a little less than ¼ inch thick. Transfer onto a baking pan.
- In a large bowl, toss the apples and pears with the walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Add the butter and toss again.
- Mound the fruit and walnut mixture on top of the dough and wrap the dough over the fruit, covering most of it. Bake until the crust is golden brown, about 1 hour. Remove and cool a bit before serving.
Basic Sweet Tart Dough
- In a large mixing bowl, cut the cold butter into the flour until the flour has the consistency of semolina.
- Add the sugar, milk, egg, zest, and salt and mix by hand until a crumbly dough is formed.
- Shape the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least an hour before using, or freeze for later use.