- Make the lemon vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except for oil. Blend with an immersion blender. While still blending, slowly drizzle oil into mixture until emulsified.
- Make the salad: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread beets in a shallow pan and cover with aluminum foil. Roast until fork-tender, about an hour. Remove beets from oven and keep covered until cool enough to handle, about 30 minutes, then peel.
- As beets cool, prepare an ice bath in a large bowl. In a large pot of salted boiling water, blanch asparagus for about 30 seconds, then shock in ice bath and remove.
- Prepare grill for medium heat. Grill scallions long enough to give them a little color, about 3 minutes.
- When all ingredients cool to room temperature, cut into bite-sized pieces and toss with vinaigrette.
From Going Greek.