For Bacon Wrapped Venison
- Cut the venison in half and soak overnight in refrigerator with whole milk, garlic cloves, black peppercorns, and rosemary.
- Drain the milk from the venison, discard all other ingredients, and pat venison dry with paper towels.
- Lay out the bacon strips on a cutting board, slightly overlapping each piece (forming large bacon sheets). Place one half of the loin on the bacon and gently roll the whole piece, covering it in a sheet of bacon. Repeat process with the other half of the loin. Cooking instructions to follow.
For Apple, Chestnut, and Cornbread Stuffing
- Crumble cornbread into chunks. Mix with chestnuts.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Meanwhile, melt butter in sauté pan over medium heat. Add celery and onion and cook until soft (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat. Add to cornbread/chestnut mixture. Add the parsley, apples, thyme, and sage to cornbread/chestnut mixture.
- Mix egg and chicken stock together. Pour into mixing bowl with all other ingredients.
- Bake in a buttered glass Pyrex dish for about 15−20 minutes until cooked through.
For Bourbon and Apple Veal Demi-Glace
- Sauté the shallots, garlic, apples, and thyme in the oil until slightly caramelized.
- Add the bourbon to deglaze. Flame. Add cider. Cook until there is one cup of liquid remaining.
- Add veal demi-glace and bring down to a sauce consistency.
- Strain through chinois. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make stuffing. Bake. Hold warm.
- Make bourbon-apple jus. Reserve warm.
- Season the bacon-wrapped loins with salt and pepper. Place in hot skillet seam side down.
- Sear for 4−5 minutes until the bacon becomes crispy. Turn venison loin over and sear the other side for same amount of time.
- With a pair of tongs, continue to turn venison to sear all sides so bacon is crispy throughout. Cook to medium rare.
- While venison is finishing up, reheat haricot verts in some butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Pull loins out of skillet and let rest for 2 minutes. Gently slice into medallions.
- Place stuffing and haricot verts in center of four plates. Fan sliced venison on top. Garnish with sliced apples.
- Drizzle sauce around.