Grab your favorite vegetables for a dish filled with flavor. Pulse simple but standout ingredients like crushed red pepper, anchovies, and garlic cloves in a food processor. Transfer to a pan and within minutes your sauce will be ready. Dig into this healthier version of chips and dip with turnips, red onions, carrots, or potatoes. Consider roasting them for a crunchy yet smooth bite. There’s no one way to enjoy this sauce, so you can’t go wrong. At Barn8 Farm Restaurant & Bourbon Bar, where locally sourced and farm raised products make it a must visit, this Bagna Càuda is beloved. Soon enough it will become a staple in your home too!
Serves 6 to 10
2 ounces anchovies in oil, drained
5-6 garlic cloves, peeled
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a food processor, slowly pulse all ingredients until the anchovies and garlic break into small pieces but are not completely blended into the oil.
- In a pan on low heat, transfer the sauce.
- Remove from heat once the solids begin to slightly simmer.
- Let rest until the mixture is warm but not hot to the touch.
- Gently whisk and serve with vegetables.
- Recipe by Alison Settle of Barn8 Farm Restaurant & Bourbon Bar