- Heat olive oil, butter, anchovies, and garlic over low heat until the garlic is tender (but without browning it). Remove the sauce from the heat and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Strain the liquid into a separate bowl reserving the anchovies and garlic.
- In a blender, puree the egg yolks, lemon juice, anchovies, and garlic.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and butter mixture. Add the cream.
- Season to taste with a little salt and a few drops of hot sauce. Serve with raw or cooked vegetables as a dip or condiment.