- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Transfer to a jar and keep cold until ready to serve.
Carrot Ginger Purée
- Melt the butter in a small pot, and when it starts to foam add the carrots. Sweat the carrots for about
5 minutes. Then add the bourbon to the pot. Cook until the bourbon is almost evaporated.
- Add the orange juice, ginger, and sugar and cover with a lid. Boil until the carrots are tender, about 20 minutes. Let this cool for about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and purée on high until smooth. Thin out with orange juice if you need more liquid. Transfer to a bowl and chill in the refrigerator.
Bourbon Barrel Fish Sauce Aioli
- In a food processor, add the garlic and egg yolks. Purée and slowly add the oil in a thin stream until you get a light and creamy texture.
- Add the fish sauce and the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a jar and keep chilled until ready to use.
Beef Carpaccio Salad
- In a large bowl, add the beef along with the sliced raw carrots, sliced raw watermelon radish, and frisée. Add just enough of the bourbon vinaigrette to moisten the salad ingredients. Plate it up nicely and garnish with a few dots of the carrot ginger purée and the fish sauce aioli.