- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and butter and flour 3 12-inch cake pans.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and eggs until very light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and coconut extracts. Combine.
- Add cream and sour cream alternately with dry ingredients and mix gently.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake for 18 to 25 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack before filling and frosting.
- Heat cream, butter, and sugar over medium-low heat until dissolved.
- Separately, make a slurry with cornstarch, vanilla and cold water.
- Whisk slurry into hot mixture and boil gently, stirring constantly until thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut.
- Chill overnight.
Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- Incorporate sugar in increments, blending until smooth.
- Stir in coconut by hand