Photo courtesy of Schermer Pecans
Chocolate Pecan Pie Cookies
2 tablespoons butter, melted
½ cup pecans, chopped
⅓ cup brown sugar
¼ cup dark corn syrup
⅛ teaspoon salt
¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 package prepared pie crust dough or refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and assemble all ingredients.
- In a large nonstick pan set to medium heat, add butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, salt, eggs, and chocolate chips until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Unroll dough and cut out circles using a 4-inch round cookie cutter and place on a parchment-lined pan.
- Gently fold up edges of each dough circle then spoon 1 tablespoon of pecan mixture onto the center of each one.
- Bake approximately 7 minutes or until filling is set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Date Published: 06.16.15
from Putt Wetherbee of Schermer Pecans, Glennville, GA
shop the south
Discover the Local Palate's thoughtfully curated selection of regional food products.