Four Ribeye Steaks
1 small head cauliflower, diced
2 cups heavy cream
2 tbsp Kosher salt
2 tbsp ground coffee
2 tbsp Alleppo chili powder
2 tbsp Guajillo chili power
1 tbsp black pepper
1 shallot, diced
4 cloves of garlic, sliced
2 cups Monastrell wine
1 cup veal stock (or homemade beef broth)
1 spring thyme
1 sprig rosemary
8 black peppercorns, whole
1 bay leaf
2 tbsp butter
1 cup green lentil
1 small onion, small dice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small carrot, small dice
2 cups chicken stock
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp chives, minced
1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
½ tsp crushed red chilies
2 tbsp olive oil
Recommended wine pairing: 2011 Tor Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa, California
- Combine the cauliflower and cream in a medium pot and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer to a blender and puree until silky smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Combine the wine, shallot, garlic, herbs, and peppercorns and cook over medium high heat until reduced to ½ cup.
- Add the veal stock and reduce to 1 cup.
- Whisk in the butter and season with salt. Strain and serve.
- Cook the bacon until the fat renders and bacon is crispy.
- Add the onion, garlic, and carrot and sweat until soft.
- Add the lentils and chicken stock and cook until tender. Approximately 30 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and chives.
- Combine all ingredients and spread onto a sheet pan.
- Roast in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Season the steak with the coffee rub. Grill over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes on both sides until medium rare. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the cauliflower puree on the plate.
- Top with Roasted Broccoli.
- Spoon the Monastrell sauce into the center of plate.
- Top the sauce with lentils.
- Top the lentils with the grilled strip.
- Recipe Courtesy of Caliza Restaurant in Alys Beach, FL