Recommended wine pairing: 2011 Tor Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa, California
- Combine the cauliflower and cream in a medium pot and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer to a blender and puree until silky smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Combine the wine, shallot, garlic, herbs, and peppercorns and cook over medium high heat until reduced to ½ cup.
- Add the veal stock and reduce to 1 cup.
- Whisk in the butter and season with salt. Strain and serve.
- Cook the bacon until the fat renders and bacon is crispy.
- Add the onion, garlic, and carrot and sweat until soft.
- Add the lentils and chicken stock and cook until tender. Approximately 30 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and chives.
- Combine all ingredients and spread onto a sheet pan.
- Roast in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Season the steak with the coffee rub. Grill over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes on both sides until medium rare. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the cauliflower puree on the plate.
- Top with Roasted Broccoli.
- Spoon the Monastrell sauce into the center of plate.
- Top the sauce with lentils.
- Top the lentils with the grilled strip.