- Using a sharp knife, score the skin on each duck breast.
- Sear the duck breast in a very hot pan, skin side down for 2 1/2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the breasts from the pan and add the turnips and onions. Sauté for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the port wine and then cook until the wine is reduced by half. Add the chicken stock and cook for 2 minutes.
- Strain the sauce to remove the vegetables and then return the sauce to the pan. Add the rhubarb and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the butter. Whisk the sauce until it has a silky sheen.
- Slice the duck and fan it on the plate. Top the duck with the sauce and serve immediately.