- Place dry ingredients in large bowl, and whisk to combine. Make well in center.
- Mix together buttermilk, extracts, oil and yolks in separate bowl. Pour into well and stir until blended.
- Use mixer to beat egg whites to stiff peaks, and then gently fold whites into batter.
- Heat ebleskiver pan over medium-high heat. Test ebleskiver pan by dropping a few drops of cold water into surface. If drops dance around in beads, the temperature is right.
- Liberally brush wells of pan with butter, and then fill ½ with batter. Cook until golden, approximately 3 minutes, and then use 2 chopsticks to turn ebelskiver over. Cook an additional 3 minutes on second side. Use toothpick to remove ebelskiver from pan.
- Serve with powdered sugar and preserves.