3 ounces cava
½ ripe peach
2 leaves of fresh mint
½ ounce vanilla and black peppercorn simple syrup (1:1 sugar/water ratio with 1 vanilla bean and 1 teaspoon peppercorn
1 ½ ounces Earl Grey Tea
1 small jalapeño
- Pour cava into chilled martini glass.
- Muddle peach, mint, and simple syrup in mixing tin.
- Add ice and vodka.
- Shake well and double strain through a fine mesh strainer. Pour over cava.
- Cut a thin slice of jalapeño from the tip and rim the glass. Drop jalapeño slice into drink.
- Garnish with a mint leaf and wedge of peach.
- from John Aquino of Coast Bar and Grill, Charleston, SC