- Cream the butter and yolks together in a stand mixer.
- In a separate bowl, over a double boiler, melt the chocolate then allow to cool.
- Fold the egg mixture into the melted and cooled chocolate. Heat the bourbon slightly and add to the chocolate mix.
- Whip egg whites and powdered sugar in a stand mixer and fold this meringue into the chocolate mixture.
- Gently portion into molds and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
Dehydrated Chocolate Mousse
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a double boiler. Add the egg yolks to the chocolate.
- Whip egg whites and sugar in a stand mixture to stiff peaks. Fold this meringue into the chocolate mixture.
- Spread the mixture in a thin layer and dehydrate for 12−14 hours.
- Break into shards and reserve in an airtight container until ready to use.
Graham Cracker Ice Cream
- Combine all the ingredients in a pot and warm.
Chill the ingredients down and churn in ice cream maker. Reserve in the freezer until ready to use.
250 grams sugar
75 grams bourbon
175 grams heavy cream
Add the sugar to a heavy copper pot and melt over low heat until the sugar caramelizes and turns a dark amber color. Remove from the heat and let this cool for 5 minutes.
Quickly add the bourbon and heavy cream. Stir until smooth. Keep caramel at room temperature until
ready to use.
1 cup bourbon smoked brown sugar from Bourbon Barrel Foods
¾ cup flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
5 tablespoons cold butter, cubed ¼ teaspoon sea salt
In a food processor, mix together brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, cold butter, and salt until mixture is crumbly. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes. Take out of oven and let cool to room temperature.
Plate chocolate mousse on a very cold plate. Decorate with above garnishes in a way that looks cool. Torch a few marshmallows over an open flame and place on plate. Dot with chocolate sauce and serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings