- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease 3–4 sheet pans.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt together first 7 ingredients.
- In a large bowl, oats with butter mixture, then spread out evenly between sheet pans. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes for even toasting. Remove from sheet pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss nuts with egg whites and sugar. Spread out on same sheet pans and bake until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- When both mixtures are cool, toss together to combine. Fold in dried cranberries. If not “sticky” enough, add another ½ cup honey and mix well.