- Rub Furikake between hand to break up, then add sesame seeds and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Add Sriracha and shrimp paste and mix to combine then slowly whisk in sesame oil.
- Place in a sealed container. Will keep several weeks in refridgerator.
Asian Slaw with Ginger Dressing
- In large bowl, combine cabbage with peppers, carrot, green onion and cilantro.
- To prepare dressing, mix hot water with sugar and salt. Stir until dissolved. Cool slightly.
- Pour sugar mixture into blender or food processor. Add remainder of ingredients then puree until ginger is finely chopped.
- To assemble, combine 1 cup ginger dressing with vegetables.
- Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Puree until smooth.
Optional: add 1 tablespoon prepared wasabi
- Heat oil in fryer to 350 degrees.
- Cut tortillas with 3-inch round biscuit cutter. Cut 2 mini tacos per tortilla.
- Place mini tacos in taco shell frying basket and fry until golden brown.
Note: If you don’t have a deep fryer Chef Nelson recommends “Tostitos Scoops” instead of mini taco shells.
Tuna / Cut tuna into ¼ inch cubes and add fire cracker sauce until desired level of heat is reached.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of Tuna in bottom of each taco shell.
- Top with dollop of avocado aioli then fill shell with ginger slaw.
- Serve immediately.
Optional: top with ½ teaspoon of Wasabi Tobiko